FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 23, 2016
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Cindy Peña (202) 735-3690
Matt Brock (202) 955-3518
CENTRAL VIRGINIA FAMILY PHYSICIANS EARNS NATIONAL RECOGNITION FOR
NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care™ Recognizing Trusted Partners for Patient care
WASHINGTON, DC—The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) today announced that CVFP Immediate Care – Airport Plaza of Campbell County and CVFP Immediate Care – Lakeside Drive of Lynchburg has received NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care™ Recognition, for demonstrating that it connects the care it delivers back to its patients’ primary care team in a structured and timely manner.
NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition is awarded to sites that provide outpatient care for patients experiencing acute/episodic illness, but do not act as the patient’s primary care provider. The program is a roadmap for delivering evidence-based, patient-centered care that focuses on closing care gaps to ensure that relevant patient information is connected with the primary care physician. Its requirements also support communication with secondary providers, for patients receiving long-term specialty care.
“NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition expands best practices in the delivery of high-quality care by connecting care across the medical home neighborhood,” said NCQA president, Margaret E. O’Kane. “Recognition shows that CVFP Immediate Care sites have the tools, systems, and resources to provide its patients with the right care while ensuring that care is communicated clearly and efficiently with the team of clinicians charged to manage their overall health.”
To earn recognition, which is valid for three years, CVFP Immediate Care sites earned the necessary scores across five standards and their corresponding elements.
The standards examine:
- Connecting with primary care: The site connects with and shares information with patients’ primary care providers, and helps them find a primary care provider if they don’t have one.
- Identifying patient needs: The site directs patients to appropriate providers, when necessary.
- Patient care and support: The site uses evidence-based decision support in care delivery, collaborates with patients to make care decisions and delivers culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- System capabilities: The site uses electronic systems to collect data and execute specific tasks.
- Measure and improve performance: The site systematically monitors performance and carries out activities to improve clinical outcomes and patient experience.
For more information:
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA’s Web site (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers, and others make more informed health care choices.
Central Virginia Family Physicians is an established independent practice with nine regional family practice offices and two immediate care facilities. CVFP is committed to serving their patients and community by practicing the highest quality medical care with the greatest degree of unity and value to the patient while creating an engaged team environment dedicated to enhancing the patient experience.
More information regarding CVFP is available at www.cvfp.net.
External Content Disclaimer