We have heard recent reports from patients who received calls from someone impersonating healthcare-related companies. The caller is typically looking to obtain information like patients’ Medicare insurance information and social security numbers under the guise of needing to “update their records” in order to file or log vaccines, order unnecessary durable medical equipment, etc.
If the call feels suspicious at all, hang up and call your doctor’s office to confirm if this type of information is really needed by your healthcare provider. We will always identify ourselves as calling from CVFP Medical Group and will also identify ourselves as such when you call into our office(s). We are committed to protecting your health information and want you to be extremely vigilant and cautious when providing it.
If you think you have been a victim of any kind of a phone scam, please report it to the organizations shown below:
- The Federal Trade Commission is the primary government agency that collects scam complaints. To send a report to the Federal Trade Commission, visit https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/ or by phone at 1-877-382-4357.
- Report suspected Medicare fraud, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048
- If you have had money stolen from by the scammers, report it to your local law enforcement agency.
- Report caller ID spoofing to the Federal Communications Commission online at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us or by phone at 1-888-225-5322.
- If you have been a victim of identity theft, visit https://identitytheft.gov/ for information on how to report it.